Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12
Found in [Package]
[URP] Increasing the amount OF real-time lights breaks GPU Instancing
1. Open the attached project "LightingTest.zip"
2. Build and Run on Quest
3. Attach the Frame Debugger
4. Observe 4 draw calls to for the cubes
5. Leave only one light in the scene and rebuild
6. Observe that there's only one instanced draw call
Actual result: Adding real-time lights to the scene leads to cube draw calls not being instanced anymore
Reproducible with: 2019.4.21f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.2.6f1 (URP 10.3.1), 2021.1.0b8 (URP 11.0.0), 2021.2.0a5 (URP 12.0.0)
Note: Found with Quest, but reproduces on Android without XR.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true