Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12
Found in [Package]
[URP] Increasing the amount OF real-time lights breaks GPU Instancing
1. Open the attached project "LightingTest.zip"
2. Build and Run on Quest
3. Attach the Frame Debugger
4. Observe 4 draw calls to for the cubes
5. Leave only one light in the scene and rebuild
6. Observe that there's only one instanced draw call
Actual result: Adding real-time lights to the scene leads to cube draw calls not being instanced anymore
Reproducible with: 2019.4.21f1 (URP 7.3.1), 2020.2.6f1 (URP 10.3.1), 2021.1.0b8 (URP 11.0.0), 2021.2.0a5 (URP 12.0.0)
Note: Found with Quest, but reproduces on Android without XR.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU