Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.31f1, 2022.3.9f1, 2023.2.0b8, 2023.3.0a5
[XR] Camera.stereoEnabled returns true for all cameras if XR is enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached user's project "MkGlowBug1.zip"
2. Create a script for the "Main CameraExternal" GameObject and add this line to the Update function "Debug.Log("stereoEnabled: " + renderingCamera.stereoEnabled + "|" + this.name);"
3. Enable Oculus Link in Quest 2 and Enter Play Mode
4. Observe the Console Outputting StereoEnabled true while it should be false for the External Camera
Expected results: Camera.stereoEnabled returns true only for Camera's that render to a stereoscopic output
Actual Results: Camera.stereoEnabled returns true for all cameras if XR is enabled
Reproducible with: 2021.3.19f1, 2021.3.22f1, 2022.2.14f1, 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2021.3.18f1
Could not reproduce on 2020.3.47f1 due to package errors when downgrading
Reproducible with these devices:
Environment: Windows 10 22H2
-Expectation is that the Main Camera has stereoEnabled==true, while the external camera has stereoEnabled==false since it does not render to a stereoscopic output.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector
- Crash on tlsf_free when UI Elements are moved to the side by scrolling
- Setting VideoPlayer.time and pausing results in incorrect player.frame values