Search Issue Tracker
[Xcode] Unity4XC.xcplugin symlink file causes xcodebuild to throw "Required plug-in compatibility UUID" error
1. Create new project
2. Build to iOS
3. Run terminal
4. Navigate terminal to Xcode project location (cd <path)
5. Run "xcodebuild" terminal command
6. Notice warning being thrown:
[MT] PluginLoading: Required plug-in compatibility UUID DFFB3951-EB0A-4C09-9DAC-5F2D28CC839C for plug-in at path '~/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/Unity4XC.xcplugin' not present in DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUIDs
7. Delete symlink at this directory:
8. Run "xcodebuild" terminal command again
9. Notice that warning is no longer thrown
Expected behaviour: Unity cleans unnecessary files that interrupt correct behaviour.
Actual result: There is symlink file that causes "xcodebuild" terminal command to throw warnings.
Reproduced on versions: Unity 5.4.1f1, 5.4.5p3, 5.6.1p4, 2017.0b9
Reproduced on Xcode versions: Xcode 7.3.1, Xcode 8.3
RESOLUTION: WONTFIX, because the issue is very minor and fixing it would require to remove Build&Run support for Xcode 7 and earlier.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released