Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
[WSA] Changing terrain texture at runtime getting visual artifacts
When changing terrain texture on runtime, texture data seems to get corrupted, rendered with wrong colors or sometimes not appearing at all. Some analysis on this issue has been done and it seems that after the texture switch constant buffer is corrupted somehow - it contains very big values (something like 1e8 as before switch values were under 10). Those values are finally used in shader when doing texture sampling and pixels are invalid.
Reproducible on 5.3.4f1, 5.3.4p3, 5.4.0b14 versions.
1. Open project "TerrainTextureTest.zip
2. Open the test scene and play it. Press buttons visible on screen to swap existing textures or to generate textures from scratch.
3. Build to WSA 8.1 or WSA Universal 10 platform with .NET backend (with IL2CPP backend there is no visual issue).
4. Build and run generated project on PC or tablet.
On WP10 phones issue ir not reproducible. Also, issue is not reproducible when using IL2CPP backend for WSA Universal 10 platform.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error