Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.5
[WSA] Changing terrain texture at runtime getting visual artifacts
When changing terrain texture on runtime, texture data seems to get corrupted, rendered with wrong colors or sometimes not appearing at all. Some analysis on this issue has been done and it seems that after the texture switch constant buffer is corrupted somehow - it contains very big values (something like 1e8 as before switch values were under 10). Those values are finally used in shader when doing texture sampling and pixels are invalid.
Reproducible on 5.3.4f1, 5.3.4p3, 5.4.0b14 versions.
1. Open project "TerrainTextureTest.zip
2. Open the test scene and play it. Press buttons visible on screen to swap existing textures or to generate textures from scratch.
3. Build to WSA 8.1 or WSA Universal 10 platform with .NET backend (with IL2CPP backend there is no visual issue).
4. Build and run generated project on PC or tablet.
On WP10 phones issue ir not reproducible. Also, issue is not reproducible when using IL2CPP backend for WSA Universal 10 platform.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process