Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.2
WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b is thrown when importing an AssetBundle with video in it
How to reproduce:
1. Download and unzip the attached file "case_1168061.zip"
2. Save the "AssetBundle/menu12" file somewhere else on your drive
3. Open the "VideoLoad" Scene in the downloaded "TestProject"
4. Click on the VideoPlayer GameObject in the Hierarchy window
6. Enter the URL as 'file://[path to the AssetBundle/menu12]' into the 'M Url' TextField
6. Press Play
7. After Scene is loaded, press space
Expected result: A video will play in the Scene
Actual result: A WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b occurs
Reproducible with: 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a9
Regression introduced in 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a10
Full error message:
WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b while reading archive:/CAB-494c1fb71cf53968f401771899cb2864/CAB-494c1fb71cf53968f401771899cb2864.resource
Error details: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Visual C# Compiler cannot find source files because it is looking at old file locations
- Ghost empty folders are left behind when after calling Refresh, Directory.Move is called
- [OSX] The Scene icon in the Unity Editor's title bar can be dragged and dropped out of the project
- [Metal][Editor] Memory grows continuously until Editor crashes when importing 100k materials
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right