Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b is thrown when importing an AssetBundle with video in it
How to reproduce:
1. Download and unzip the attached file "case_1168061.zip"
2. Save the "AssetBundle/menu12" file somewhere else on your drive
3. Open the "VideoLoad" Scene in the downloaded "TestProject"
4. Click on the VideoPlayer GameObject in the Hierarchy window
6. Enter the URL as 'file://[path to the AssetBundle/menu12]' into the 'M Url' TextField
6. Press Play
7. After Scene is loaded, press space
Expected result: A video will play in the Scene
Actual result: A WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b occurs
Reproducible with: 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b9, 2019.3.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a9
Regression introduced in 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a10
Full error message:
WindowsVideoMedia error 0x8007007b while reading archive:/CAB-494c1fb71cf53968f401771899cb2864/CAB-494c1fb71cf53968f401771899cb2864.resource
Error details: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Native Plugins are not found when they are depending on each other
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Improved detection method to determine when a file resides on the native filesystem and when it lives in one of Unity's virtual filesystems such as asset bundles, compressed resources, etc.