Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[WindowsMR] failure to take photo capture in Hololens
Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentNullException' in UnityEngineProxy.dll
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: _unity_self
at UnityEngineProxy.InternalCalls.PhotoCaptureFrame_CUSTOM_GetDataLength(Object self)
at UnityEngine.XR.WSA.WebCam.PhotoCaptureFrame..ctor(IntPtr nativePtr)
at UnityEngine.XR.WSA.WebCam.PhotoCapture.InvokeOnCapturedPhotoToMemoryDelegate(OnCapturedToMemoryCallback callback, Int64 hResult, IntPtr photoCaptureFramePtr)
at UnityEngine.XR.WSA.WebCam.PhotoCapture.$Invoke10(Int64 instance, Int64* args)
at UnityEngine.Internal.$MethodUtility.InvokeMethod(Int64 instance, Int64* args, IntPtr method)
(Filename: <Unknown> Line: 0)
Exception thrown: 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' in System.Private.CoreLib.ni.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in System.Private.CoreLib.ni.dll
Positive number required.
1. Load scene "Photo-capture"
2. Build & Deploy to hololens
3. Air tap to take a photo
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Weight Field in the LimbSolver2D Component for 2D IK Can’t Be Animated or Smoothly Transitioned
- Selected “Landscape Left” orientation of the “ScreenOrientation” dropdown in the Inspector window gets deselected when deselecting and selecting GameObject that contains a “ScreenOrientation” dropdown
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
Nov 07, 2018 14:56
soun very good. We also can not wait. Is it possibel that you can give me a short hint howto integrate your workaround into the postcalibration sample to get it running again?
Oct 15, 2018 14:13
I also have the same issue. So, I created a workaround for me and those that need to use the camera in the HoloLens by using MediaCapture. The workaround allows to take, save, and display photons in the HoloLens and it satisfies my needs. So, I am sharing this here to maybe help someone else that can't wait like me (I discovered this issue last Friday and it seems that it is going on for a long time):
Oct 10, 2018 15:27
This is also occuring on 2017.4.12, 2018.1.9f2 and 2018.2.11f1. Here is a test project https://github.com/gwendalbroudinpro/testPhotoCaptureHololens