Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Windows] FileAccessor::Read crashes when importing Unity Ads
1. Open Unity and create the new project
2. When project loads, open Asset Store
3. Find "Unity Ads", download it and Import it
4. Observe that it throws "Opening file failed" window
5. Press "Cancel: button
Expected Result: Unity Editor successfully cancel the process
Actual Result: Unity Editor crashes
- This issue appears only on Windows
- The stack trace is shared in the comments section
- Workaround: If later the project crashes on opening or you cannot import "Unity Ads", just download Unity 2017.4 or open in the older version and everything will succeed
Reproduced on Unity 2018.1.0b5, 2018.1.0b13 and 2018.2.0a8
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.1f1 and 2018.1.0b4
Regression on Unity 2018.1.0b5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected