Search Issue Tracker
Windows created special files are imported, but should be ignored
1. Create a New Project
2. In the "Assets" folder, create a New Folder and change its icon ("Right Click" -> "Properties" -> "Customize" -> "Change Icon" -> Change to any icon)
3. Observe that Windows has created a special file "desktop.ini"
4. Focus the Editor window
5. Unity incorrectly imports the "desktop.ini" file and creates a "desktop.ini.meta" file
Expected Result: Windows created special files like "desktop.ini" should be ignored and should not be imported
Actual Result: Editor imports Windows created special files and creates a meta file
Reproduced with: 2019.1.0a11, 2018.3.0b12, 2018.2.18f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.16f1
Add this type of files to the "Hidden Assets" which are ignored by Unity (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/SpecialFolders.html - Hidden Assets)
"This is used to prevent importing special and temporary files created by the operating system or other applications."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI