Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[window layout] cannot load editor layout, stuck in infinite loop of "failed to load window layout"
steps to repro:
1a. copy the attached "corrupted" LastLayout.dwlt into ~/Library/Preferences/Unity/Editor-5.x/Layouts/default/ (or win/linux equivalent directory)
1b. create a new project via Unity hub
Expected: project is created and opens (and... revert factory settings / load default layout buttons fix the issue and Unity opens)
Actual: project is created but then a dialog appears and user is stuck in infinite loop that can only be stopped by selecting "quit"
repro: 2020.2.0a21, 2020.1.5f1
no repro: 2019.4.6f1
- found on MacOS
- "Failed to load window layout" window causes user to be caught in an infinite loop since nothing fixes the issue so the window will stay
- 2019.4.6f1 can successfully open with the "corrupted" LastLayout.dwlt but does show console errors
- try moving or deleting the files at
- ~/Library/Preferences/Unity/Editor-5.x/Layouts/default/LastLayout.dwlt (or equivalent path)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"