Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.2
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored.
1. Open project.
2. Enable Graphics jobs in Player settings.
3. Build x64 Windows Build.
4. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (enabled.png)
5. Disable Graphics jobs.
6. Build x64 Windows Build.
7. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (disabled.png)
Expected results: both cubes look the same.
Actual results: firs cube have a much stronger shadow.
The ambient calculation is embedded in a custom Deferred Reflection shader (Kite-DeferredReflections.shader)
It uses ShadeSH9() to calculate the ambient.
5.4 handles shaders differently compared to 5.5
Apparently ShadeSH9() returns black if Graphics Jobs are enabled.
Reproduces with: 5.5.0f3; 5.5.0p1; 5.5.0p2: 5.6.0b3;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Chrome66: no longer playing integrated audio
- Chrome65 deprecation warning: AudioParam value setter will become equivalent to AudioParam.setValueAtTime()
- Turn off stats collection for areas hidden in Profiler window
- [PLM] Changing Indirect Intensity values don't affect light probes
- [Facebook] FileNotFound exception when switching SDK.