Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored.
1. Open project.
2. Enable Graphics jobs in Player settings.
3. Build x64 Windows Build.
4. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (enabled.png)
5. Disable Graphics jobs.
6. Build x64 Windows Build.
7. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (disabled.png)
Expected results: both cubes look the same.
Actual results: firs cube have a much stronger shadow.
The ambient calculation is embedded in a custom Deferred Reflection shader (Kite-DeferredReflections.shader)
It uses ShadeSH9() to calculate the ambient.
5.4 handles shaders differently compared to 5.5
Apparently ShadeSH9() returns black if Graphics Jobs are enabled.
Reproduces with: 5.5.0f3; 5.5.0p1; 5.5.0p2: 5.6.0b3;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle