Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored.
1. Open project.
2. Enable Graphics jobs in Player settings.
3. Build x64 Windows Build.
4. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (enabled.png)
5. Disable Graphics jobs.
6. Build x64 Windows Build.
7. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (disabled.png)
Expected results: both cubes look the same.
Actual results: firs cube have a much stronger shadow.
The ambient calculation is embedded in a custom Deferred Reflection shader (Kite-DeferredReflections.shader)
It uses ShadeSH9() to calculate the ambient.
5.4 handles shaders differently compared to 5.5
Apparently ShadeSH9() returns black if Graphics Jobs are enabled.
Reproduces with: 5.5.0f3; 5.5.0p1; 5.5.0p2: 5.6.0b3;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] C# Reflection performance is 50 to 60 times slower
- The scrollbars are moving as one when scrolling one of the scrollbars in the Array of Text Fields
- Renaming the Animation Transition applies to another Transition when Enter is not hit after the renaming
- Editor crashes on Play Mode when using Voxel Play Environment Script
- Decimal function values are incorrect when running the build with IL2CPP Scripting Backend