Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.2
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored
When graphics jobs are enabled ambient calculation seems to be ignored.
1. Open project.
2. Enable Graphics jobs in Player settings.
3. Build x64 Windows Build.
4. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (enabled.png)
5. Disable Graphics jobs.
6. Build x64 Windows Build.
7. Launch the build.
Observe the cube. (disabled.png)
Expected results: both cubes look the same.
Actual results: firs cube have a much stronger shadow.
The ambient calculation is embedded in a custom Deferred Reflection shader (Kite-DeferredReflections.shader)
It uses ShadeSH9() to calculate the ambient.
5.4 handles shaders differently compared to 5.5
Apparently ShadeSH9() returns black if Graphics Jobs are enabled.
Reproduces with: 5.5.0f3; 5.5.0p1; 5.5.0p2: 5.6.0b3;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Camera Viewport Rect and Depth causes rendering issues with multiple Cameras
- Character model collapses on animation transition when its Animator Controller contains multiple layers
- [CommandBuffers] Realtime shadows are delayed when shadow projection parameters are fetched
- Calling PlayableDirector.Evaluate() in Playmode causes a Timeline to Start Playing
- [Auto][PVR] Lightmap indices of 4K Lightmaps are assigned incorrectly