Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
When clicking on overlapped UI elements the Selection order is determined not by the order in which they are rendered
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1377544.zip"
2. Enter Scene "SampleScene" (Assets > Scene)
3. Open the Scene view
4. Enable the "2D Mode"
5. In Hierarchy window double click GameObject "Canvas"
6. In the Scene view click on a point in the red square that overlaps with all the squares under and observe the selected GameObject in the Hierarchy
7. Repeat 6th step 11 times
Expected result: The GameObject selection cycles from the top rendered element to the bottom rendered element
Actual result: The GameObject selection is determined by some other factor
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a9, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a15, 2022.2.0a4, 2022.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1 2020.1.0a8, 2022.2.0a3
- In 2021.2.0a19 and above the issue only reproduces for the first cycle of clicking through all the UI elements
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a15