Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in N/A
Found in [Package]
When a VFX Asset is dragged and dropped on a GameObject in the Scene view it is parented to that GameObject
1. Open the user's attached project "DragDropBug.zip"
2. In the Project window open Assets/Scenes/BugTest.unity
3. In the Project window go to Assets/Art/Particles, select the "ButterFlies.vfx" asset, drag it into the Scene view and drop it on the Terrain
Expected result: A new GameObject is created in the Hierarchy window when dragging and dropping the asset into the Scene view
Actual result: A new GameObject is directly parented to a GameObject the asset is dragged and dropped on in the Scene view
Reproducible with: 10.0.0-preview.27, 10.1.0 (2020.2.0b8, 2021.1.0a2)
Not reproducible with: 7.3.1, 7.5.1 (2019.4.12f1), 8.2.0, 9.0.0-preview.71 (2020.1.10f1)
Cannot test with: 2018.4.28f1 (errors with the VFX package)
- This issue happens not only with the "ButterFlies.vfx" asset but with any VFX asset
- Creating a GameObject like a Cube or a Plane then dragging and dropping the VFX asset on it will create the same issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"