Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
[WebGL] RectMask2D does not mask
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open the SampleScene.
3. File->Build Settings->WebGL->Build and Run
* The text should be clipped. You can see that in the Unity Editor's Scene and Game tabs.
* The text is not clipped when the project is run in the WebGL player.
* I've done my best to confirm that this issue is isolated to WebGL and works on other platforms (enabling IL2CPP and running in OpenGL ES compatibility).
* From my newbie eyes, it looks like the UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT shader #define is not accepted in all cases on WebGL, by the graphics device.
- copy UI/Default shader to the Assets folder and change the name in the source (UI/Default => UI/Custom)
- create a new material that uses the custom UI shader
- assign the new material to the UI objects
- at runtime use EnableKeyword("UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT") on the material
2) use Mask component instead
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lowering Cloud Layer channel opacity beyond a certain threshold results in graphical artifact
- [Android 5.1] Player is stuck on splash screen when opening a specific project
- [Linux] Editor crashes at "GeometryBuffersBase::GetRuntimeMemorySize()" after a couple minutes when the Profiler window is open and recording while in Play Mode
- GameObject children move un-accordingly when moving the parent GameObject in the Scene View
- Tags remove option "-" (minus) is active even tag item isn't selected