Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
[WebGL] RectMask2D does not mask
1. Open the attached project.
2. Open the SampleScene.
3. File->Build Settings->WebGL->Build and Run
* The text should be clipped. You can see that in the Unity Editor's Scene and Game tabs.
* The text is not clipped when the project is run in the WebGL player.
* I've done my best to confirm that this issue is isolated to WebGL and works on other platforms (enabling IL2CPP and running in OpenGL ES compatibility).
* From my newbie eyes, it looks like the UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT shader #define is not accepted in all cases on WebGL, by the graphics device.
- copy UI/Default shader to the Assets folder and change the name in the source (UI/Default => UI/Custom)
- create a new material that uses the custom UI shader
- assign the new material to the UI objects
- at runtime use EnableKeyword("UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT") on the material
2) use Mask component instead
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler