Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[VR] Particle Systems cause "task.rasterData.indexBuffer == NULL" error and lead to graphical glitches
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Enable VR
3. Create a particle system
4. Enter playmode and put it in your HMDs view
5. If error doesn't show, repeat Stop / Play of playmode again. (when doing this i can repro it with the MockHMD)
Result: "task.rasterData.indexBuffer == NULL" error in the console and potential graphical glitches
Reproduced on 2018.3.0b8, 2018.3.0b10, 2019.1.0a9
Not reproduced on 2018.2.16f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0b7
Regression introduced in 2018.3.0b8
- Is known to also cause memory leaks
The fix has now landed in our various release versions. 2019.2.0a4, 2019.1.0b2 (available approx 1st February), 2018.3.5f1 (available approx 6th February). Thank you for your patience.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode
- The error of " 'Light' does not contain a definition for 'SetLightDirty' " when building the project