Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
[VR] Editor crashes when entering the play mode if there is a Terrain in the scene
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project with HDRP template
2. Go to Player Settings and enable VR support
3. In the Hierarchy create a new Terrain
4. Enter the Play Mode
Result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a12
Reproducible with HDRP 6.7.1 and later
Note: The crash appears to be caused by the Camera. Disabling the main camera in the scene stops the crash from happening
Issue is render pipeline independent
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Feb 18, 2021 15:02
This is NOT resolved for 2019.4 LTS (2019.4.20).
Dec 06, 2020 12:46
Same problem in Unity 2020-1-11f1
Oct 05, 2020 16:45
Still happening in 2019.4.8f, took me a while to realize what caused the crashes
Jun 30, 2020 13:24
Still happening on 2018.4.15f1, using these assets and enabling VR support. https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/landscapes/low-poly-beach-87244
Apr 30, 2020 22:07
Sill happening 2019.3.12f1
Mar 20, 2020 11:01
2019.3.3f1 dx12 happening without terrain (dxr enabled)
Jan 28, 2020 12:23
I have the same problem with 2018.4.15f1, it crashes as soon as you hit the "play" button.
Jan 16, 2020 16:56
For the record: 2018.4.13 is fine. It must be something about 2018.4.14.
Jan 14, 2020 17:24
Still crashing in 2018.4.15f1 with the standard renderer.
Jan 14, 2020 13:47
I'm getting a VR + Terrain crash on 2018.4.14 with the built-in renderer.
Worked fine on 2018.4.6