Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
Windows VideoPlayer cannot play URL that starts with "file://" prefix
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any new project
2. Set video player to run from URL
3. Set URL to an m4v video
4 It doesn't work
5. Switch to Video clip mode
6. Select same video
5. It works
Expected: It should work the same on either way, either don't play the videos or play them from VideoClip and URL as well
Actual: Video Clip mode supports m4v while the URL does not accept the video unless you rename the URL to filename.mp4 instead of filename.m4v
Reproduced on: 2018.1.0a6, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode