Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
VideoPlayer.isPrepared always returns false after calling VideoPlayer.Prepare() when playOnAwake is false with some video files
1.Download and open attached project.
2.Open "scene1" scene.
3.Open AverageColorFromTexture.cs script.
4.Edit lines 32 and 33 by setting videoPlayer.playOnAwake and audioSource.playOnAwake to false and save the script.
5.In the Hierarchy select "Plane" object and Drag "Games for Windows" video file to Video To Play slot in "Average Color From texture(Script)" component.
6.Enter Play mode.
7.Notice that Console keeps outputting "Preparing Video" message.
Expected result: Video is prepared and is played after a short delay.
Actual result: Video is not prepared and because of that it is not played.
Reproduced with: 5.6.0f1, 2017.0.1a5.
Notes: Does not reproduce on OSX. Does not reproduce with with other video files. With "big_buck_bunny 1" video file everything works as expected. Video is loaded and played.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probes must be rebaked twice to update when using "Generate Lighting" button
- [Linux] Can't drag tabs across window boundaries from one container window to another
- Baked cookies are offset between GPU and CPU lightmapper
- Game Objects will lose their parents when moved between Scenes in the Scene Hierarchy if the Parent object is expanded
- GetHolesLODInfo doesn't match the content of the HeightmapSubRegion holes array