Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Video] WindowsVideoMedia error message incomplete when H.265 codec not installed
WindowsVideoMedia error message incomplete when H.265 codec not installed
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached or create a new project
2. Project > Select video
3. Enable Transcode and change codec to H265
1. The error is incomplete
"WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d5212 while reading F:/Unity Projects/Video Bug/library/metadata/a0/a09bce1dee3a97b4a8df7cb7b1f73723.resource"
2. The console is spammed with errors
1. The error should contain all the relevant information for the end user
WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d5212 while reading F:/Unity Projects/Video_bug_2/library/metadata/b3/b39bcb1015c8c8946b8bedc8e36ec8cf.resource
Context: Setting media type for first video stream
Error details: No suitable transform was found to encode or decode the content.
Audio Track, type: %10%16
Video Track [1280 x 736], type: HEVC
Install HEVC Video Extensions to enable HEVC format support on compatible devices.
Only on Windows
1. H265 Codec support is added in 2019.1.a10
2. Refer to the attached editor log
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build Pipeline functions cause a re-execution of the last Async task when called in an Async function
- ApiUpdater may leave orphan usings when only type qualified references were present in the source
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce is missing in some instances
- Profiler data does not automatically refresh when loaded from a file
- SBP Support for Mip Stripping