Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[Video] WindowsVideoMedia error message incomplete when H.265 codec not installed
WindowsVideoMedia error message incomplete when H.265 codec not installed
Steps to Repro:
1. Open attached or create a new project
2. Project > Select video
3. Enable Transcode and change codec to H265
1. The error is incomplete
"WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d5212 while reading F:/Unity Projects/Video Bug/library/metadata/a0/a09bce1dee3a97b4a8df7cb7b1f73723.resource"
2. The console is spammed with errors
1. The error should contain all the relevant information for the end user
WindowsVideoMedia error 0xc00d5212 while reading F:/Unity Projects/Video_bug_2/library/metadata/b3/b39bcb1015c8c8946b8bedc8e36ec8cf.resource
Context: Setting media type for first video stream
Error details: No suitable transform was found to encode or decode the content.
Audio Track, type: %10%16
Video Track [1280 x 736], type: HEVC
Install HEVC Video Extensions to enable HEVC format support on compatible devices.
Only on Windows
1. H265 Codec support is added in 2019.1.a10
2. Refer to the attached editor log
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property