Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
VFX OpenGLES3 error when compiling shaders unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain
1. Open the attached project “URPIntegrationTests.zip”
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player
3. In Other Settings select OpenGLES3 Graphics API
4. Go to File > Build Settings
5. Build application for Android and observe the Console window
Expected result: Build successful, no errors in the Console window
Actual result: Build fails, error is thrown in the Console window: “Shader error in '[SimpleRibbon] [Ribbon] Initialize Particle Strip': syntax error: unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain at C:/Users/%username%/Desktop/GraphicsTests/EndToendTests/URPIntegrationTests/Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Shaders/VFXCommon.hlsl(123) (on gles3)”
Jun 02, 2022 19:36
I also have this issue with 2022.1.3f1, D1KKOP solution solved this issue for me, thanks.
Feb 02, 2022 17:22
For now this bug can be fixed by going to:
Then go and change CUBEARRAY to 0 instead of 1.
#define SHADER_AVAILABLE_CUBEARRAY 0
Feb 02, 2022 17:04
I still have this in (at the time of writing newest version (2022.1.0b6)
Also in 2022.1.0b4.
It prevents building for Android.
No build is necessary to observe the issue.
The issue is in: VFXCommon.hlsl line: 136
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
- Material leaks memory when using PostProcess-Layer
- [URP] Adreno GPU is not getting the required vertex data
- [DX12] ShaderData.VariantCompileInfo.ShaderData contains 38 extra bytes on DirectX 12
Resolution Note (fix version 12.0.0):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b16