Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 12.0.0
Found in [Package]
VFX OpenGLES3 error when compiling shaders unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain
1. Open the attached project “URPIntegrationTests.zip”
2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player
3. In Other Settings select OpenGLES3 Graphics API
4. Go to File > Build Settings
5. Build application for Android and observe the Console window
Expected result: Build successful, no errors in the Console window
Actual result: Build fails, error is thrown in the Console window: “Shader error in '[SimpleRibbon] [Ribbon] Initialize Particle Strip': syntax error: unexpected token '#' at kernel CSMain at C:/Users/%username%/Desktop/GraphicsTests/EndToendTests/URPIntegrationTests/Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Shaders/VFXCommon.hlsl(123) (on gles3)”
Jun 02, 2022 19:36
I also have this issue with 2022.1.3f1, D1KKOP solution solved this issue for me, thanks.
Feb 02, 2022 17:22
For now this bug can be fixed by going to:
Then go and change CUBEARRAY to 0 instead of 1.
#define SHADER_AVAILABLE_CUBEARRAY 0
Feb 02, 2022 17:04
I still have this in (at the time of writing newest version (2022.1.0b6)
Also in 2022.1.0b4.
It prevents building for Android.
No build is necessary to observe the issue.
The issue is in: VFXCommon.hlsl line: 136
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 12.0.0):
Fixed in: 2021.2.0b16