Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.0.0 (Not related to package version)
Found in [Package]
7.1.7, 7.1.6, 7.1.1, 7.0.0
[VFX Graph] NullReferenceExceptions are thrown on removing VFX-Render component from Visual Effect Graphs prefab asset
NullReferenceExceptions are thrown continuously on removing VFX Render component from Visual Effect Graphs prefab asset.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached Project.
2. Select Visual Effect > Create its prefab.
3. Select the prefab asset.
4. Remove VFX-Renderer component.
NullReferenceExceptions error in the console.
No error in the console.
2020.1.0a18, 2019.3.0f5 (fe220cd6911a), 2019.3.0a10.
Tested with Package Version: 7.1.7, 7.1.6, 7.1.1, 7.0.0.
Occurs on Windows and Mac.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.VFX.VisualEffectEditor.DrawRendererProperties () (at email@example.com/editor/inspector/visualeffecteditor.cs:1105)
UnityEditor.VFX.VisualEffectEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at firstname.lastname@example.org/editor/inspector/visualeffecteditor.cs:759)
UnityEditor.VFX.AdvancedVisualEffectEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at email@example.com/editor/inspector/advancedvisualeffecteditor.cs:147)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass55_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <065cf923b7714278a3c7baf218a9b966>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine