Search Issue Tracker
[VCS] Undescriptive prompt is thrown when trying to delete assets while Version Control is disconnected
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project and open it
2. In the Project Window create a new empty script
3. Go to "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "Editor" and change your Version Control mode to Perforce
4. Without inputting any Perforce credentials, try to delete the newly created empty script
5. Observe the error/prompt that shows up
Expected result: the prompt is descriptive on why the user can't delete the files. Alternatively, if the Editor loses previously fine connection it tries to reconnect VCS and then throws a different error if it fails to do so.
Actual result: an undescriptive "Some assets could not be deleted. Make sure nothing is keeping a hook on them, like a loaded DLL for example." error prompt is thrown.
Reproducible in: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2017.4.31f1 (In these versions the file still cannot be deleted and a "Cannot delete files in offline mode" error is thrown. The "Cannot delete" prompt doesn't show up though)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unresponsive front facing UI fields with specific rotations when using World Space canvas with Ignore Reversed Graphics enabled
- Rigidbody Collision Detection mode cannot be updated after setting the isKinematic field to true then false during runtime
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build