Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[VCS] Undescriptive prompt is thrown when trying to delete assets while Version Control is disconnected
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project and open it
2. In the Project Window create a new empty script
3. Go to "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "Editor" and change your Version Control mode to Perforce
4. Without inputting any Perforce credentials, try to delete the newly created empty script
5. Observe the error/prompt that shows up
Expected result: the prompt is descriptive on why the user can't delete the files. Alternatively, if the Editor loses previously fine connection it tries to reconnect VCS and then throws a different error if it fails to do so.
Actual result: an undescriptive "Some assets could not be deleted. Make sure nothing is keeping a hook on them, like a loaded DLL for example." error prompt is thrown.
Reproducible in: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2017.4.31f1 (In these versions the file still cannot be deleted and a "Cannot delete files in offline mode" error is thrown. The "Cannot delete" prompt doesn't show up though)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Performance Regression] AnimatorEditorTests Rebind Big Hierarchy 341 Transform
- [Performance Regression] LogTests DebugLogWarning has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] ClassListSelector_AddNewElements has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling: ClassListSelector_AddNewElements test has regressed
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling NameSelector_AddNewElements has regressed from 18.4