Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[VCS] Undescriptive prompt is thrown when trying to delete assets while Version Control is disconnected
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project and open it
2. In the Project Window create a new empty script
3. Go to "Edit" -> "Project Settings" -> "Editor" and change your Version Control mode to Perforce
4. Without inputting any Perforce credentials, try to delete the newly created empty script
5. Observe the error/prompt that shows up
Expected result: the prompt is descriptive on why the user can't delete the files. Alternatively, if the Editor loses previously fine connection it tries to reconnect VCS and then throws a different error if it fails to do so.
Actual result: an undescriptive "Some assets could not be deleted. Make sure nothing is keeping a hook on them, like a loaded DLL for example." error prompt is thrown.
Reproducible in: 2019.3.0a12, 2019.2.1f1
Not reproducible in: 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2017.4.31f1 (In these versions the file still cannot be deleted and a "Cannot delete files in offline mode" error is thrown. The "Cannot delete" prompt doesn't show up though)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit
- [iOS] ReplayKit.APIAvailable returns 'false' on the first call on iOS 13 devices
- Texture preview can be clicked through
- [Progress] Progress bar does not revert to unresponsive status after another task completes