Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[VCS] Only the Local Version changes are kept when merging conflicted Materials
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project in your preferred workspace and open it
2. Connect it to Perforce
3. Create two new Materials and submit the project (This will be User 1)
4. Open the same project with a different user in a different workspace as well (This will be User 2)
5. With the User 1 checkout the Material and change its Color
6. On the User 2's project checkout the same Material and change its Metalic value to 1
7. Submit the User 2's version of the files to the depot
8. On the User 1 do "Get Latest" on the Material (The file should now be conflicted)
9. Right-click the Material -> Version Control -> Resolve Conflicts...
10. In the new Resolve Window click "merging"
11. Observe the Material
Expected result: the Material gets both the Color changes and the Metalic value changes
Actual result: the Material only kept the Incoming version changes and discarded the local one - the Color is reset and the Metalic value is changed to that of the User 2's
Reproduced in: 2020.1.0a4, 2019.3.0b3, 2019.2.6f1, 2018.4.9f1
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.32f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces