Search Issue Tracker
[UWP] Special characters in the product name are not removed from the namespace name in the build process
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
*product name contains special characters ™ or © *
2. Switch platform to UWP and build
3. Open VS solution
4. Build & deploy on local machine
Actual behavior: build will fail because namespace name in app.cs contains special characters
Expected behavior: special characters are removed from namespace name in the build process
Reproducible with: 5.6.3p1, 2017.1.0p5, 2017.2.0b9, 2017.3.0a5
Workaround: open app.cs and manually remove special characters from namespace name
This is a duplicate of issue #885265[WSA] Apostrophe used in Player Settings for "Product Name" causes the errors when deploying the build
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab