Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
[UWP] Input field's blinking cursor position can't be change on devices with touch input enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1002834_repro.zip
2. Switch to UWP
3. Build project
4. Open the project in VS and deploy to device
5. On devise type any text in the input field
6. Try moving the text cursor to a different position
Expected results: input field's cursor can be moved to a different position
Actual results: input field's cursor stays at the end of a text
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.1.0f1, 2017.4.1f1, 2017.2.2p3, 2017.1.3p3, 5.6.5p4
The InputField (both Unity or TextMesh Pro) will add a second newline when a return key is pressed
Tested and reproduced on Surface 3 with .NET and IL2CPP UWP builds
Note: To reproduce this issue touch input must be enabled on the device. Doesn't reproduce on the standalone build with touch input enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Oct 31, 2018 07:51
"Fixed in future release" doesn't really tell us much. We would like to know if we're able to ship it in our product or not.
May 18, 2018 10:07
We got the same issue. Severity is set on 3, workaround is possible. What is the workaround for this? It is no option for us to turn off the touch input.