Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
[UWP] [IL2CPP] File.Exists method returns false
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open attached project
2. Switch platform to UWP
3. Target any device and build the project on IL2CPP backend
4. Open Visual Studios solution
5. Add restricted "broadFileSystemAccess" capability to Package manifest
6. Build project (Debug x64 Local Machine)
7. When the app launches it will open file explorer. Select any text file in it
Expected results: the method File.Exists(path) returns true
Actual results: the method File.Exists(path) returns false
Workaround: Use UWP StorageFile APIs to manipulate files outside of folders normally accessible for the app.
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.2.1f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2017.4.8f1
Note: Not reproducible on .NET backend
Aug 22, 2018 17:55
@Spiece, no, it's because IL2CPP does not virtualize UWP file access at this time.
Aug 22, 2018 17:46
Is this because UnityEngine.Windows.File is preferred on UWP?
If so, it would be nice if there were compile-time (or at least runtime) errors indicating that this is what should be used on this platform.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
By default "File system" is disabled in app. To enable it you will need to go to App Setting -> App permissions.