Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
[UWP][Hololens] TouchScreenKeyboard's shift key duplicates last typed character
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project -or- download newest Mixed reality toolkit for unity
2. Open "HandInteractionUnityUIExample.unity" scene
3. Set that scene to be the only loaded scene for the build
4. Check that build target is UWP
5. Build and deploy to Hololens
6. Select Input Field "Try selecting this text."
7. Type in one character
8. Press shift
Actual result: Next character you will type gonna be capitalized
Expected result: Last typed character gets duplicated
Reproducible with: 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.6f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a4
Could not test with: 2017.4.x (errors), 2018.4 (keyboard failed to instantiate)
- was not able to reproduce the issue with a small example project
- in the small example, project keyboard instantiates right on 2018.4
Oct 31, 2019 01:02
What version of Unity 2019.1 or 2019.2 has this fix? The latest as of 10/30/2019, version 2019.2.10f was not showing this fixed on the HoloLens/UWP platform.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
This issue was caused by passing invalid data into CoreTextEditContext::NotifyTextChanged for the 'newSelection' parameter. Due to a uint overflow bug, the newSelection argument contained a "negative range", were endPos < startPos. Fixing the overflow bug addressed this issue.
NOTE: This issue doesn't occur on UWP Desktop, hence the overflow bug when unnoticed. It appears the HoloLens implementation of this API doesn't validate parameters as the Desktop version does.