Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Script compilation pipeline doesn't warn if asmdef is named the same as a native plugin in the project, causing mayhem
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download "case 1143057.zip"
2. Zip will contain two projects one with Custom Package with .dll (TestDLL - KO) another project has the same package moved to asset folder (TestDLL - OK)
3. Open "TestDLL - KO" project
4. Switch platform to UWP and build project
Results: Build fails with a custom package. The build is successful when the custom package is move to Assets folder.
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a11, 2019.1.0f1, 2018.3.12f
- reproducible with IL2CPP and .NET backends
- not reproducible when building Standalone (mono/IL2CPP)
UnityException: Failed to run reference rewriter with command "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "--target=Temp\StagingArea\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Timeline.dll"
Catastrophic failure while running rrw: System.BadImageFormatException: Format of the executable (.exe) or library (.dll) is invalid.
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadOptionalHeaders(UInt16& subsystem, UInt16& dll_characteristics) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil.PE\ImageReader.cs:line 186
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage() in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil.PE\ImageReader.cs:line 86
at Mono.Cecil.PE.ImageReader.ReadImage(Disposable`1 stream, String file_name) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil.PE\ImageReader.cs:line 754
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.ReadModule(String fileName, ReaderParameters parameters) in C:\buildslave\cecil\build\Mono.Cecil\ModuleDefinition.cs:line 1097
at Unity.SearchPathAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters) in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools\Unity.NuGetPackageResolver\SearchPathAssemblyResolver.cs:line 52
at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.RewriteAssemblyManifest.RewriteAssemblyReference(AssemblyNameReference reference) in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools\rrw\RewriteAssemblyManifest.cs:line 55
at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.RewriteAssemblyManifest.Run() in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools\rrw\RewriteAssemblyManifest.cs:line 34
at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.RewriteOperation.Execute(RewriteContext context) in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools\rrw\RewriteOperation.cs:line 24
at Unity.ReferenceRewriter.Program.Main(String args) in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Tools\rrw\Program.cs:line 106
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source