Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Using 'Forward Add' shadow rendering mode produces irrelevant syntax error
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Create a new project
3. Import tester-submitted shader (Test.shader)
4. Inspect shader syntax error pointing at line 102 (unexpected ';')
5. Switch to alternative shadow rendering mode at line 74
6. Notice shader syntax error disappear at line 102
Expected result: Unity compiles both shadow rendering modes correctly.
Actual result: Unity does not compile 'Forward Add' shadow rendering mode and complains about syntax errors
Reproducible with - 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0b6
Not reproducible with - 5.6.5p1, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.3.1p1
Verified in: 2018.2.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"
- [Android] Preserve Framebuffer Alpha overwrittes Android theme
- Baking Lightmap erases existing Additional Vertex Streams