Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Using 'Forward Add' shadow rendering mode produces irrelevant syntax error
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Create a new project
3. Import tester-submitted shader (Test.shader)
4. Inspect shader syntax error pointing at line 102 (unexpected ';')
5. Switch to alternative shadow rendering mode at line 74
6. Notice shader syntax error disappear at line 102
Expected result: Unity compiles both shadow rendering modes correctly.
Actual result: Unity does not compile 'Forward Add' shadow rendering mode and complains about syntax errors
Reproducible with - 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0b6
Not reproducible with - 5.6.5p1, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.3.1p1
Verified in: 2018.2.0a5
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2