Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[URP] Some lights stop emitting light when Light Cookie is set to Texture and then set to "None"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "LightsFlickering_2021.2.2f1.zip" project
3. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
4. In the Assets folder double-click on "Spot Light" Asset
5. Make sure neither Scene nor Game view is open and visible (can be docked)
6. In the Inspector set the Cookie (under Light->Emission section) to be "200px-Cookie_tutorial_texture_flashlight" from Assets folder
7. Set the Cookie to "None"
8. Return to the Scene
Expected results: All of the light are emitting light
Actual results: Some of the light will not emit any light
Reproducible with: URP 12.1.6 (2021.2.19f1), 13.1.7 (2022.1.0b15), 14.0.2 (2022.2.0a10)
Could not test with: 2019.4 and 2020.3 because the Light Cookie is not available for URP
- The issue has been reproduced on Windows and Linux (user) OS
- The issue is not reproducible on Built-in RP and HDRP
- Restarting the Editor fixes the issue
- The issue is not reproducible if either the Game or Scene View is visible
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated