Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[URP] Some lights stop emitting light when Light Cookie is set to Texture and then set to "None"
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "LightsFlickering_2021.2.2f1.zip" project
3. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
4. In the Assets folder double-click on "Spot Light" Asset
5. Make sure neither Scene nor Game view is open and visible (can be docked)
6. In the Inspector set the Cookie (under Light->Emission section) to be "200px-Cookie_tutorial_texture_flashlight" from Assets folder
7. Set the Cookie to "None"
8. Return to the Scene
Expected results: All of the light are emitting light
Actual results: Some of the light will not emit any light
Reproducible with: URP 12.1.6 (2021.2.19f1), 13.1.7 (2022.1.0b15), 14.0.2 (2022.2.0a10)
Could not test with: 2019.4 and 2020.3 because the Light Cookie is not available for URP
- The issue has been reproduced on Windows and Linux (user) OS
- The issue is not reproducible on Built-in RP and HDRP
- Restarting the Editor fixes the issue
- The issue is not reproducible if either the Game or Scene View is visible
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration
- Label with Dynamic Color is not getting Playmode tint in the UI Builder window
- Error "Could not create asset from Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing" when adding Post Processing package via Git URL for the first time