Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.3
Found in [Package]
[URP][2D] Normals maps are flipped when the Sprites scale is flipped (from/to negative)
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "2DLightBug" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "Light 2D" GameObject
4. In the Inspector under Normal Maps enable the "Quality" option
5. Open the Frame Debugger (Window->Analysis->Frame Debugger)
6. Enable the Frame Debugger and select UniversalRenderPipeline->ScriptableRenderer->Draw 2D Lights->Draw Normals
7. Inspect the Game view
Expected results: The Normals are the same on all of the "BoxDummy_001" Sprites
Actual results: The normal on the Sprite that's flipped using the Scale is different
Reproducible with: 7.6.0 (2019.4.28f1), 10.5.0 (2020.3.13f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.13f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b1)
Could not test with: 2018.4 because URP was not yet available
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first