Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 14.0.3
Found in [Package]
[URP][2D] Normals maps are flipped when the Sprites scale is flipped (from/to negative)
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "2DLightBug" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "Light 2D" GameObject
4. In the Inspector under Normal Maps enable the "Quality" option
5. Open the Frame Debugger (Window->Analysis->Frame Debugger)
6. Enable the Frame Debugger and select UniversalRenderPipeline->ScriptableRenderer->Draw 2D Lights->Draw Normals
7. Inspect the Game view
Expected results: The Normals are the same on all of the "BoxDummy_001" Sprites
Actual results: The normal on the Sprite that's flipped using the Scale is different
Reproducible with: 7.6.0 (2019.4.28f1), 10.5.0 (2020.3.13f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.13f1), 12.0.0 (2021.2.0b1)
Could not test with: 2018.4 because URP was not yet available
Oct 08, 2021 12:56
I have a similar issue.
Inverting the 2D object to x scale -1 or 180 degrees on the y-axis reverses the top and bottom of the normal map.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 14.0.3):
Fix for this issue will be available on Unity 2022.2.0a17 and above