Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Updating Mesh geometry is much slower since 2021.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Project2019_4.zip"
2. Open Assets/scene Scene
3. Build a standalone player
4. Run the build, it displays milliseconds per frame as well as Unity version, graphics API etc info in the top left
5. Compare results built with Unity 2018, 2019 or 2020 with results of Unity 2021.
Expected results: The Frame times remain roughly consistent or there is an improvement in the newer releases
Actual result: The Frame times are worse in the newer releases
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.3f1
1. All graphics APIs seem to be affected, however, D3D11 seems to be affected the least
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Multiple VFX assets cannot be opened in one go
- Rectangle Shape Area Light generates a circle around the rectangle shape
- Action can't be undone after changing the base Controller on the Animator Controller
- The Axes Gizmo is wiggling around when moving around the Scene View with enabled Physical Camera and Isometric View
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled