Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Updating Mesh geometry is much slower since 2021.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Project2019_4.zip"
2. Open Assets/scene Scene
3. Build a standalone player
4. Run the build, it displays milliseconds per frame as well as Unity version, graphics API etc info in the top left
5. Compare results built with Unity 2018, 2019 or 2020 with results of Unity 2021.
Expected results: The Frame times remain roughly consistent or there is an improvement in the newer releases
Actual result: The Frame times are worse in the newer releases
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.3f1
1. All graphics APIs seem to be affected, however, D3D11 seems to be affected the least
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Treeview is infinitely populating items when using IL2CPP build
- ProBuilder prefab thumbnails do not showcase the prefab when observed in the Project window
- Wrong documentation page is displayed for the "Scene Template Pipeline" help icon
- Missing Device Simulator API
- Shadow gets cut off when in Play Mode and using shader "Shader Graph/Rotation Shader" for material