Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Updating Mesh geometry is much slower since 2021.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Project2019_4.zip"
2. Open Assets/scene Scene
3. Build a standalone player
4. Run the build, it displays milliseconds per frame as well as Unity version, graphics API etc info in the top left
5. Compare results built with Unity 2018, 2019 or 2020 with results of Unity 2021.
Expected results: The Frame times remain roughly consistent or there is an improvement in the newer releases
Actual result: The Frame times are worse in the newer releases
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.3f1
1. All graphics APIs seem to be affected, however, D3D11 seems to be affected the least
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Light transform gizmos stopped rendering in scene view
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Video] "WindowsVideoMedia error unhandled Color Standard" warning when importing various video formats