Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Updating Mesh geometry is much slower since 2021.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Project2019_4.zip"
2. Open Assets/scene Scene
3. Build a standalone player
4. Run the build, it displays milliseconds per frame as well as Unity version, graphics API etc info in the top left
5. Compare results built with Unity 2018, 2019 or 2020 with results of Unity 2021.
Expected results: The Frame times remain roughly consistent or there is an improvement in the newer releases
Actual result: The Frame times are worse in the newer releases
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.3f1
1. All graphics APIs seem to be affected, however, D3D11 seems to be affected the least
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in - 2021.2.0a17