Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Updating Mesh geometry is much slower since 2021.1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Project2019_4.zip"
2. Open Assets/scene Scene
3. Build a standalone player
4. Run the build, it displays milliseconds per frame as well as Unity version, graphics API etc info in the top left
5. Compare results built with Unity 2018, 2019 or 2020 with results of Unity 2021.
Expected results: The Frame times remain roughly consistent or there is an improvement in the newer releases
Actual result: The Frame times are worse in the newer releases
Reproducible with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.2f1, 2021.2.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.3f1
1. All graphics APIs seem to be affected, however, D3D11 seems to be affected the least
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player
- Lighting data is carried over from one Scene to another when changing Scenes in the Play Mode
- The <sprite> tag inserted image from a Sprite Asset into the UI Builder Button disappears when the Inlined Style Text Shadow Horizontal or Vertical Offset is set to be more than 0 px
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance