Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.3.4
Unparenting while deleting object in Editor
When deleting an object in the Editor in 4.3, the object loses knowledge of its parent once OnDestroy is called. This was not the case in 4.2.
1. Import attached project in a 4.2 version of the Editor
2. Open the scene DeleteTestScene
3. Select the object "ChildGameObject" (child of "ParentGameObject") -observe the message "My parent is ParentGameObject" in the console
4. Delete the object, observe the message "My parent is ParentGameObject" once again
5. Repeat Steps 1-3, but with a 4.3 version of the Editor
6. Delete the object, observe the message "I don't have a parent!"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file