Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.3.4
Unparenting while deleting object in Editor
When deleting an object in the Editor in 4.3, the object loses knowledge of its parent once OnDestroy is called. This was not the case in 4.2.
1. Import attached project in a 4.2 version of the Editor
2. Open the scene DeleteTestScene
3. Select the object "ChildGameObject" (child of "ParentGameObject") -observe the message "My parent is ParentGameObject" in the console
4. Delete the object, observe the message "My parent is ParentGameObject" once again
5. Repeat Steps 1-3, but with a 4.3 version of the Editor
6. Delete the object, observe the message "I don't have a parent!"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac