Search Issue Tracker
Unpacking nested Prefabs causes their references to be set back to Prefabs instead of GameObjects in Scene
Unpacking nested Prefabs with references to each other causes references to be set back to Prefabs in Assets folder instead of GameObjects in Scene after Scene is reopened
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1252422.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. Right-click "Parrent" GameObject in the Hierarchy window and click "Unpack"
4. Select "Child" GameObject in the Hierarchy window and notice the value of "Game Object Ref" field in "Component Referencer" Component
5. Save, close and reopen "Test" Scene (by opening Scene "a" and then reopening "Test" scene), and repeat step 4
Expected result: "Game Object Ref" field keeps a reference to GameObject in the Scene
Actual result: "Game Object Ref" field gets a reference to a "Parent" Prefab
Reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.3.15f1, 2020.1.0b11, 2020.2.0a13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- URP not rendering with a Renderer Feature before rendering shadows