Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1, 2020.2
Reference to the root prefab child is lost when pressing "Unpack Prefab" on root prefab and entering Play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "New Unity Project.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. In Hierarchy window, expand "Root" object and select its child "Nested"
3. In Inspector window, GameObjectReference(Script) -> press on "Part of Root" (this highlights the "Part of Root" in the Hierarchy window)
4. In Hierarchy window, do "Unpack Prefab" for "Root" prefab
5. Enter Play mode
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3
Expected result: the "Part of Root" object in the Hierarchy is selected
Actual result: nothing is being highlighted, double-clicking on the "Part of Root" in the Inspector, opens up "Root" prefab
WorkAround: Apply the reference to prefab after the outer prefab was unpacked (this will not change the asset because the link now points to scene object and preserve the link to scene object).
Reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b8, 2021.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules