Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
UnityWebRequest lag when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url
We're experiencing a problem with UnityWebRequest in case when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url.
If we can't connect on some domain name then we connect on the specific ip address. But if ~10 UnityWebRequests which can't be resolved in DNS were created and aborted then any other requests will be completed with a huge lag ~ 20 seconds.
1. Set DNS to 18.104.22.168
2. Open attached project
3. Play scene
4. See the console output like "Done sec: 20.643974" - it means that simple request was done in 20 seconds
Reproducible: 5.5.0a6, 5.4.0p2, 5.3.6p3, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window