Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
UnityWebRequest lag when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url
We're experiencing a problem with UnityWebRequest in case when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url.
If we can't connect on some domain name then we connect on the specific ip address. But if ~10 UnityWebRequests which can't be resolved in DNS were created and aborted then any other requests will be completed with a huge lag ~ 20 seconds.
1. Set DNS to 220.127.116.11
2. Open attached project
3. Play scene
4. See the console output like "Done sec: 20.643974" - it means that simple request was done in 20 seconds
Reproducible: 5.5.0a6, 5.4.0p2, 5.3.6p3, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LightingData for additively loaded scenes baked together is much bigger than for a single scene with same geometry
- [DrawMeshInstancedIndirect] ComputeBuffer set to MaterialPropertyBlock doesn't take effect when drawing a mesh
- MergePrefabInstance crash when reimporting assets from Assets Store
- 100% reproducible crash on drag and drop on Windows
- Physics2D.Distance returns incorrect distance between colliders