Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
UnityWebRequest lag when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url
We're experiencing a problem with UnityWebRequest in case when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url.
If we can't connect on some domain name then we connect on the specific ip address. But if ~10 UnityWebRequests which can't be resolved in DNS were created and aborted then any other requests will be completed with a huge lag ~ 20 seconds.
1. Set DNS to 22.214.171.124
2. Open attached project
3. Play scene
4. See the console output like "Done sec: 20.643974" - it means that simple request was done in 20 seconds
Reproducible: 5.5.0a6, 5.4.0p2, 5.3.6p3, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"