Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
UnityWebRequest lag when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url
We're experiencing a problem with UnityWebRequest in case when DNS can't resolve domain name given in url.
If we can't connect on some domain name then we connect on the specific ip address. But if ~10 UnityWebRequests which can't be resolved in DNS were created and aborted then any other requests will be completed with a huge lag ~ 20 seconds.
1. Set DNS to 22.214.171.124
2. Open attached project
3. Play scene
4. See the console output like "Done sec: 20.643974" - it means that simple request was done in 20 seconds
Reproducible: 5.5.0a6, 5.4.0p2, 5.3.6p3, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LOD Group Component Meshes do not change when the Scene view is closed
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget