Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
UnityWebRequest hangs when accessing an URL that redirects to another URL
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the project
2. In the menu, press Test->UnityWebRequestTest2
Expected: UnityWebRequest outputs the source code of https://madewith.unity.com/ (since https://unity.com redirects to this website)
Actual: UnityWebRequest does not return any information and uses a lot of CPU resources (observe Task Manager/Activity monitor)
Works as expected in the editor while you run the scene
Reproduced on: 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1
Not reproduced on: 5.3.7p2
Workaround: use WWW class instead of UnityWebRequest
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website