Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
UnityException is thrown while moving or creating scripts after adding CSV extension to Serialized String Table Collection
1. Open user's project "BugProject.zip"
2. Select "CSVTable" in the Assets folder
3. In the Inspector window, in the Extensions section add CSV Extension
4. Try moving any scripts or creating new ones
Expected result: Scripts can be moved or created without any errors
Actual result: UnityException is thrown every time scripts are moved or created
Reproducible with: 0.9.0-preview (2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.4f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a4), 0.10.0-preview (2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.4f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a4)
Couldn't test with: 2018.4.32f1 (package versions available for this version create a Localization String Table Collection that isn't a Serialized Object and you cannot add extensions)
Note: Full steps to recreate this setup shown in the attached video and also available in the ticket edits
Note2: It takes a few seconds for UnityException to be thrown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"