Search Issue Tracker
Unity should not allow the creation of scripts that have the same name as existing Unity class names
1. Create a C# script called Gradient
2. Add public Gradien gradient in it.
3. Add the script as a component on a game object
Actual: there is no editable Gradient in the Inspector. That's because the Inspector things the Gradient variable is a script of type Gradient and not Unity's gradient type
Expected: Unity should give error/warning that my class has the same name as an existing Unity class and that is not allowed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace when loading/unloading scenes on GetLightmapSettings() returning null pointer
- [macOS]Hinge Joint with Mesh Collider causes a crash on a specific project