Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.41f1, 2021.3.11f1, 2022.1.12f1, 2022.2.0b1, 2023.1.0a3
Unity Server run time does not respond to SIGTERM and other linux signals correctly.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (ApplicationQuit.zip)
2. Make sure the "SampleScene" is open
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+B to open the "Build Settings" window
4. Enable "Server Build"
5. Build the project
6. Run the built project in the terminal
7. In a separate terminal window run "htop"
8. In "htop" locate and select the project's process
9. Press F9 and press Enter on the "15 SIGTERM" signal to terminate the process
10. In the build's directory find the file that's name starts with "QUITFILE"
Expected result: the "QUITFILE" appears after the process has been terminated
Actual result: there is no "QUITFILE" present after the process terminated
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0b1
Reproducible on Ubuntu 20.04
Not reproducible on Windows 10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a3):
Verified the expected results have landed to trunk c33d888c3758. Validated on Ubuntu 20.04
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.0b1):
Verified the expected results have landed to 2022.2/staging a949eee0fbed. Validated on Rocky 8.6
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1.12f1):
Verified these expected results are produced in 2022.1.13f1 on Ubuntu 20.04
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.11f1):
Verified the fix has landed to 2021.3.11f1 651e05a8966e on Ubuntu 20.04
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3.41f1):
Verified the fix has landed to 2020.3/staging 7c19dc9acfda on Rocky Linux 8.6