Search Issue Tracker
[Crash] UNITY_LZ4_decompress_safe crash when calling AssetBundle.RecompressAssetBundleAsync with a modified Asset Bundle
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user-supplied project ("Asset Bundle Recompressor.zip")
2. Download user-supplied Asset Bundle ("StandaloneWindows - Copy")
3. Run the project
4. Select 'Browse for file...', find the Asset Bundle and press 'Go'
Reproduced in: 2017.4.24f1, 2018.3.10f1, 2019.1.0b8, 2019.2.0a9
It seems that the user changed the compressed block size of the Asset Bundle
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Crash is inside the lz4 decompressor itself. Downloaded bundles should be validated using the CRC validation APIs (or a custom hash / verification method if not using Unity web request) before being passed into the Recompress API.