Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Unity leaks memory when adding/removing breakpoints while debugging with Visual Studio
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "VS_Leak.zip" project
3. Open the "NewBehaviurScript.cs" script
4. Attach Unity Debugger via Visual Studio
5. Open the Task Manager
6. In VS, keep adding/removing a breakpoint on one line
7. Observe the rising RAM usage
Actual result: Unity leaks memory. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity doesn't leak memory.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.1.9f, 2017.4.30f1.
The leak doesn't reproduce if using C# 3.5.
The leak is a lot smaller in Unity 2019.3 (leaks around 0.1MB per click)
Fixed in 2020.1.0a2. 2019.3.0b3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets