Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Unity leaks memory when adding/removing breakpoints while debugging with Visual Studio
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "VS_Leak.zip" project
3. Open the "NewBehaviurScript.cs" script
4. Attach Unity Debugger via Visual Studio
5. Open the Task Manager
6. In VS, keep adding/removing a breakpoint on one line
7. Observe the rising RAM usage
Actual result: Unity leaks memory. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity doesn't leak memory.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.1.9f, 2017.4.30f1.
The leak doesn't reproduce if using C# 3.5.
The leak is a lot smaller in Unity 2019.3 (leaks around 0.1MB per click)
Fixed in 2020.1.0a2. 2019.3.0b3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording