Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Unity leaks memory when adding/removing breakpoints while debugging with Visual Studio
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "VS_Leak.zip" project
3. Open the "NewBehaviurScript.cs" script
4. Attach Unity Debugger via Visual Studio
5. Open the Task Manager
6. In VS, keep adding/removing a breakpoint on one line
7. Observe the rising RAM usage
Actual result: Unity leaks memory. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity doesn't leak memory.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.1.9f, 2017.4.30f1.
The leak doesn't reproduce if using C# 3.5.
The leak is a lot smaller in Unity 2019.3 (leaks around 0.1MB per click)
Fixed in 2020.1.0a2. 2019.3.0b3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] ASTC HDR check may cause issues with RenderDoc
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect