Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Unity leaks memory when adding/removing breakpoints while debugging with Visual Studio
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "VS_Leak.zip" project
3. Open the "NewBehaviurScript.cs" script
4. Attach Unity Debugger via Visual Studio
5. Open the Task Manager
6. In VS, keep adding/removing a breakpoint on one line
7. Observe the rising RAM usage
Actual result: Unity leaks memory. (gif attached)
Expected result: Unity doesn't leak memory.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.1.10f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2018.1.9f, 2017.4.30f1.
The leak doesn't reproduce if using C# 3.5.
The leak is a lot smaller in Unity 2019.3 (leaks around 0.1MB per click)
Fixed in 2020.1.0a2. 2019.3.0b3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker
- [Linux][Hub] Unity Hub 2.4.5 does not open "Add modules" window when clicking "Install with Unity Hub" in Build Settings
- Missing documentation for GetLights
- Broken link in HDRP manual