Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Unity freezes on LightmapEditorSettings:HasZeroAreaMesh(Renderer) when selecting certain Game Objects in the Scene View
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user submitted-project ("crossy trenches.zip")
2. Open the Scene View and Enter Play mode
3. In the Scene View, select any of the grass block objects
Expected result: The block objects are selected and its contents are visible in the inspector window
Actual result: Unity freezes and continuously leaks memory
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a6, 2018.3.0b8, 2018.2.14f1, 2018.1.9f2
Couldn't test with: 2017.4.14f1 (The project completely breaks)
- Disabling "Baked Global Illumination" in the Lighting settings Window stops the freezing
- Opening Lighting window before launching the scene fixes the issue.
- Reloading the scene doesn't fix the bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs
- 'View documentation' doesn't open an offline documentation when the package is added from a local disk
- Public variable's value is unable to be changed when it's above a CustomPropertyDrawer field