Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Unity freezes on LightmapEditorSettings:HasZeroAreaMesh(Renderer) when selecting certain Game Objects in the Scene View
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user submitted-project ("crossy trenches.zip")
2. Open the Scene View and Enter Play mode
3. In the Scene View, select any of the grass block objects
Expected result: The block objects are selected and its contents are visible in the inspector window
Actual result: Unity freezes and continuously leaks memory
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a6, 2018.3.0b8, 2018.2.14f1, 2018.1.9f2
Couldn't test with: 2017.4.14f1 (The project completely breaks)
- Disabling "Baked Global Illumination" in the Lighting settings Window stops the freezing
- Opening Lighting window before launching the scene fixes the issue.
- Reloading the scene doesn't fix the bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU