Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Unity freezes on LightmapEditorSettings:HasZeroAreaMesh(Renderer) when selecting certain Game Objects in the Scene View
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user submitted-project ("crossy trenches.zip")
2. Open the Scene View and Enter Play mode
3. In the Scene View, select any of the grass block objects
Expected result: The block objects are selected and its contents are visible in the inspector window
Actual result: Unity freezes and continuously leaks memory
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a6, 2018.3.0b8, 2018.2.14f1, 2018.1.9f2
Couldn't test with: 2017.4.14f1 (The project completely breaks)
- Disabling "Baked Global Illumination" in the Lighting settings Window stops the freezing
- Opening Lighting window before launching the scene fixes the issue.
- Reloading the scene doesn't fix the bug.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated