Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework