Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"