Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Unity fails to import .blend when Blender 2.77 is installed (Windows Only)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Blender 2.77 (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.77)
2. Open blender and save already created cube as .blend file
3. Open Unity and create new project
4. Drag that .blend file to project window
5. When importing, blender stops responding and error is printed in Unity console:
Blender could not convert the .blend file to FBX file.
You need to use Blender 2.45-2.49 or 2.58 and later versions for direct Blender import to work.
Import attached "broken.blend" file but make sure that blender 2.77 is installed.
Workaround: export to fbx using blender and then import that fbx to Unity
Reproduced with: 5.1.4f1, 5.2.4f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled and set to 1
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone
- An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
- [VCS] Version Control window could use a search field to filter down contents
- [VCS] Importing .unitypackage with version control enabled fails