Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Unity editor windows switch macOS spaces when maximizing the Unity editor or Exiting Full-Screen mode
1. Open the attached project (1321315_repro.zip)
2. Place the Unity editor window on the secondary monitor's desktop
3. Place the Preferences window on the main desktop
4. In the main desktop maximize any window (e.g. Chrome)
5. Maximize the Unity editor
Expected result: The Preferences window would not reappear, since it is in a different macOS space
Actual result: The Preferences window switches macOS space into the currently active one, overlapping any maximized applications
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.22f1, 2020.3.1f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10
-The issue can be reproduced as well when exiting Full-Screen mode on the Unity editor
Sep 25, 2021 15:06
Does this also address any floating windows not "sticking" to the proper Space? When I switch spaces, if Unity is starting to Play, my Game window will come to the Space I am in instead of remaining in the assigned Space.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fix floating window behavior for mac editor fullscreen so that windows remain on the desktop when the editor enters or exits fullscreen on a second monitor.
Fixed in 2022.1.0a4