Search Issue Tracker
Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
When creating new project or opening a project without Library folder, then after closing Editor 2 processes remains running.
Those processes close themselves after 15-20 min.
How we can reproduce it
1 Create new 3D project
2 Close Editor
3 Check TaskManager
Actual results: you will see "Unity Editor" group with 2 processes in it - VBCSCompiler.exe and Console Window Host
Expected results: all those processes should be closed
Tested only on Windows
Reproduces on: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2019.4.25f1 - 29f1 (didn't check earlier versions), 2020.1.5f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.1.17f1 .
Not reproduces: 2020.2.0a21 - 2020.3.8f1(didn't try earlier than 2020.2.0a21) , 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0b1
Looks like it got fixed somewhere 2020.2.0a1 - 2020.2.0a21
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process