Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Asset importer crashes when importing a shader and Unity freezes if you try to reimport it
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the project attached by QA;
2. Reimport the shader.
Expected: Editor does not freeze, the shader is successfully reimported.
Actual: After opening a project, a message is thrown to the Console:
A default asset was created for 'Assets/testshader2.shader' because the asset importer crashed on it last time.
After trying to reimport the shader, Unity freezes.
Reproduced in: 2018.3.0a1, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a7
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.29f1*
Notes: User reports crashing, but during the testing, it did not emerge.
*Import fails with "Assertion failed: Shader Compiler Socket Exception: Terminating shader compiler process, 0 retries left"
"Assertion failed: Shader compiler: internal error compiling shader snippet type=1 platform=4: Protocol error - failed to read correct magic number"
After some time
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true