Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Won't Fix in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.4.X, 2018.1.X
Unity Editor crashes when restarting to change graphics API from DirectX 11 to OpenGL
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project (case_972371-RPGRTS_2017.zip)
3. Open 'Character.unity' scene
4. Go to Edit->Project Settings->Player
5. Change graphics APIs between OpenGL and DirectX 11 (usually problem is reproduced in two attempts)
Expected result: Graphics APIs change without problems.
Actual result: Unity crashes while trying to switch to OpenGL from DirectX 11
* Having additional available graphics APIs eliminates the problem.
* Changing between other APIs doesn't reproduce the problem.
Reproducible with - 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0f2, 2018.1.0a7
Verified in: 2018.2.0a6
* Windows 10 64bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.7Ghz
* 16GB RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build