Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Unity Editor crashes when restarting to change graphics API from DirectX 11 to OpenGL
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project (case_972371-RPGRTS_2017.zip)
3. Open 'Character.unity' scene
4. Go to Edit->Project Settings->Player
5. Change graphics APIs between OpenGL and DirectX 11 (usually problem is reproduced in two attempts)
Expected result: Graphics APIs change without problems.
Actual result: Unity crashes while trying to switch to OpenGL from DirectX 11
* Having additional available graphics APIs eliminates the problem.
* Changing between other APIs doesn't reproduce the problem.
Reproducible with - 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.1p1, 2017.3.0f2, 2018.1.0a7
Verified in: 2018.2.0a6
* Windows 10 64bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.7Ghz
* 16GB RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default
- [iOS] In the generated XCode project all files which are in a ".plugin" Plug-in file becomes a Folder
- [Editor][UI] Dpad is not listed in the Binding Path when Action type is Vector2