Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2018.1
Unity doesn't show error when it can not overwrite a script assembly
1) Open attached project
2) Open "IL Disassembler" (comes with VS, although not Community edition it seems) and use it to lockdown Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
3) Modify an Editor script
Expected: Unity will recompile the Editor assembly in Temp, which will cause an error that the file couldn't be copied over in Library/ScriptAssemblies.
Actual: There is no error, old code is executed.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0b3 and 2017.2.1f1
Not reproduced in 5.6.4p1 and 2017.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Object references are not loaded after you git checkout to another branch
- Only one of multiple copies of the same StateMachineBehaviour script is visible when added to the Animation state
- [XR][Vulkan][Oculus] Crash in hybrid renderer BeginRenderPass
- [Mobile]Dynamic batching is not working when working with sub mesh on a mobile device
- [Hub] Warning pop-up contains <strong></strong> when attempting to add a project to the list of projects while it's already open