Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Unity doesn't show error when it can not overwrite a script assembly
1) Open attached project
2) Open "IL Disassembler" (comes with VS, although not Community edition it seems) and use it to lockdown Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
3) Modify an Editor script
Expected: Unity will recompile the Editor assembly in Temp, which will cause an error that the file couldn't be copied over in Library/ScriptAssemblies.
Actual: There is no error, old code is executed.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0b3 and 2017.2.1f1
Not reproduced in 5.6.4p1 and 2017.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- "Density" in "Buoyancy Effector 2D" description is inaccurate and difficult to understand
- Some Isometric Tiles are not Rendered on the Tilemap when using "Chunk" Mode on the Tilemap Renderer
- Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetKeyDown always Return False when used in the Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type