Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Unity doesn't show error when it can not overwrite a script assembly
1) Open attached project
2) Open "IL Disassembler" (comes with VS, although not Community edition it seems) and use it to lockdown Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
3) Modify an Editor script
Expected: Unity will recompile the Editor assembly in Temp, which will cause an error that the file couldn't be copied over in Library/ScriptAssemblies.
Actual: There is no error, old code is executed.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0b3 and 2017.2.1f1
Not reproduced in 5.6.4p1 and 2017.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets