Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Unity doesn't show error when it can not overwrite a script assembly
1) Open attached project
2) Open "IL Disassembler" (comes with VS, although not Community edition it seems) and use it to lockdown Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
3) Modify an Editor script
Expected: Unity will recompile the Editor assembly in Temp, which will cause an error that the file couldn't be copied over in Library/ScriptAssemblies.
Actual: There is no error, old code is executed.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0b3 and 2017.2.1f1
Not reproduced in 5.6.4p1 and 2017.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- In the Editor terrain is not rendered correctly when "Draw Instanced" on custom shader is enabled
- There is a refresh prompt even when there are no new Cloud projects available when Unity Hub is opened
- EditorSceneManager.sceneOpened and EditorSceneManager.sceneOpening events are not called when the scene is reloaded
- [IL2CPP] Fails to generate generic method struct variant when calling itself and causing ExecutionEngineException