Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Unity doesn't show error when it can not overwrite a script assembly
1) Open attached project
2) Open "IL Disassembler" (comes with VS, although not Community edition it seems) and use it to lockdown Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor.dll
3) Modify an Editor script
Expected: Unity will recompile the Editor assembly in Temp, which will cause an error that the file couldn't be copied over in Library/ScriptAssemblies.
Actual: There is no error, old code is executed.
Reproduced with 2018.1.0b3 and 2017.2.1f1
Not reproduced in 5.6.4p1 and 2017.1.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off