Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Unity displays millions of lines of shader source in Editor log when the Shader Compiler crashes during builds
During builds for PS4 and PC, if the Shader Compiler fails, the entire shader source is output into the build log for each variant that failed to compile. This quickly creates bloated logs (biggest reported being 1.77 GB).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UpdateRendererBonudingVolumes process takes more time when disabled Renderers are used
- "ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null" error is thrown when selecting a Visual Element with a custom Render Texture set as a background
- Changes are not saved when changing Styles' orders in the UI Builder
- “InvalidOperationException: Not enough space in output buffer (need 24, has 0)” error is thrown when using NativeList.GetVertices()
- High CPU usage when Spline Evaluate functions are used
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1):
Now printing the shader source to editor log only in debug builds. Instead printing some more useful info (shader/pass name, keywords, etc) in case of shader compiler failure.