Search Issue Tracker
Unity displays empty string in console when the string has special characters
When printing message with special characters Unity doesn't display the message in Editor-console, but you can see the message in Console (see the screenshot).
The string is parsed from fbx file. The string is "D:\Props\Pictures\peñasco.tga" (i.e. problem is in letter n with ~ on top of it). In debugger the symbol is displayed as '\xf1'.
from script works fine, so it must be something wrong with conversion from C++ to Mono strings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh