Search Issue Tracker
Unity displays empty string in console when the string has special characters
When printing message with special characters Unity doesn't display the message in Editor-console, but you can see the message in Console (see the screenshot).
The string is parsed from fbx file. The string is "D:\Props\Pictures\peñasco.tga" (i.e. problem is in letter n with ~ on top of it). In debugger the symbol is displayed as '\xf1'.
from script works fine, so it must be something wrong with conversion from C++ to Mono strings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- The AssetBundle of AnimationClip contains redundant data